United goalkeeper collapse, Sturridge Wants Position Starter

After scoring the goal that helped Chelsea's dramatic 5-4 win over Manchester United in the Capital One Cup, Daniel Sturridge hoping a spot in the squad would be his.

Former Manchester City manager was rarely considered Roberto Di Matteo this season. But he was broke and prove sharp when Tottenham last week to find the net before your opponent does the same thing the Red Devils early this morning.

Sturridge admitted he lost his instinct for a long time not playing. He is now hoping its action at Stamford Bridge was quite satisfactory Di Matteo to give him a place in the front lines of the Blues.

"I had not been a starter and play, so I do not feel as sharp as ever. I was pleased to score, but I know I should be more sharply again," he told Sky Sports.

Sturridge feel more excited because the victory was also treating fans disappointment following the controversial 2-3 defeat of Man United in the Premier League last weekend.

"I'm delighted the manager gave me the opportunity to be the starter tonight because that's what I want throughout my career at Chelsea. Hopefully he did it again in the future," he added.